You are the legal advisor to the NAIOS Secretary General. The recent Summit Meeting has piqued the interest of the citizens in the NAIOS states and the international community as a whole. The Secretary General is set on moving forward with a new environmental protection treaty. Please address the following questions in your memorandum to the Secretary General.
1. What environmental issues should be addressed in the treaty? Will these issues likely encounter any resistance from any of the NAIOS states?
2. How will the treaty address the regulation and liability in regards to these environmental issues?
Instructions for Writing Assignments
1. Each writing assignment must be between 250 and 400 words, or between one and two pages.
2. Assignments must be double-spaced, using Times New Roman and a 12-point font.
3. Please place your name, the title of the assignment and the date in the top right-hand corner of the first page, and page numbers in the bottom right-hand corner of each page.
4. Each writing assignment will be graded on a 10-point scale. You will be graded based on the following criteria:
a. How well you understood legal doctrines assigned; and
b. The organization and clarity of your writing.