Video Discussion Week 3
You are to watch Video 8: Under Armour: Creating an Emotional Brand Personality. You can view the video by going to the Online learning center at the course web site: http://www.mhhe.com/hawkins12e .
Each week’s discussion is worth 35 points. The expectation is for the student to select any two (2) of the threads and provide a substantial post on the topic listed by end of day Friday. The student must also post at least two (2) times additionally during the week responding to either another student’s submission or to the instructor’s comments to the other two threads not previously posted. All posts must be completed by end of day Sunday.
1) Rank the importance and the features associated with each of the following elements of Under Armour’s marketing strategy. How were these marketing communications elements linked together?
b) Viral edgy emails
c) Magazine ads
d) TV commercials
e) Celebrity endorser
2) Using the techniques described in Chapter 8 on logo design, does the Under Armour logo follow the natural, elaborate, and/or symmetrically balanced dimensions? Explain.
3) How does consumer self-concept impact Under Armour’s marketing strategy? What considerations do the actual versus ideal self affect ways in which Under Armour communicates to its target markets?
4) How important was the Super Bowl commercial in drawing attention, building awareness and creating excitement toward the Under Armour brand? What type(s) of learning was involved?
1a. Complete Chapter 3 Problem 2 (page 122) and submit via the link above
***All work must be shown. Answers without supporting work will receive ZERO credit.
1b. Complete Chapter 3 Problem 25 (page 127) and submit via the link above.
2. Work through the Web Exercise at the end of the chapter. Which of the DOW 30 stocks would you like to own and why?