The aim of this essay is to demonstrate:
– your understand of key concepts in strategic management
– and your capacity to craft a professional document
This is a synthesis review essay focused on:
1) Describing in details a key concept of strategic management
2) Doing a small study case analysis with a practical example demonstrating how the chosen concept was used and contributed to the success/failure of this example
The structure of the analysis report should encompass:
1. Cover Page (1 page)
2. Table of Contents/List of Exhibits (1 page)
3. Executive Summary (1 page)
4. Main Report (respecting the below word limit):
Please respect the section sequence going from 1 to 3 and various embedded subsections.
5. Exhibits: please include three exhibits, exhibit 1 (history table), exhibit 2 (SWOT ROCHE) and exhibit 3 (SWOT Genentech). They DON?T COUNT for word counting.
6.References/Bibliography: all references should relate specifically to points in the text, and be identified as such, and not simply ?general? sources.
All references must be recent and after year 1990.
The first part should include a minimum of 10 academic references peer-reviewed: books and/or articles from academic journals.
Referencing should use the HARVARD system.
Do not exceed 3,000 words (+/- 10%):
? approximately 2000 words for introduction and part 1 (concept)
? approximately 1000 words for part 2 (mini-case study)
1) Part 1: Mergers and Acquisitions concept
Choose a concept/model in strategic management.
You can choose this concept among the ones discussed in the course or choose another one. Examples of concepts are: core competencies, generic strategies, mergers and acquisitions, alliances, CSR, blue ocean strategy, etc…
? define this concept
? present the history of the concept: when was it discussed first, how did it evolve?
? discuss how/if the concept is relevant or not to today?s business challenges.
? Approximately 2000 words should be dedicated to the first part
? The first part should include a minimum of 10 academic references peer-reviewed: books and/or articles from academic journals. It excludes textbooks and articles from business magazines that you can use also if needed.
2) Part 2: Case study about ?the acquisition of Genentech by Roche?
In the second part, you are asked to: present a real life application of the concept.
? You can use your own company or a company of your choice. This section should be like a mini-case study where you will present the situation of a company, the issues faced and how the concept was used to solve the issues and raise the general performance of the firm.
? Approximately 1000 words should be dedicated to this second part.
THE MAIN INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PAPER ARE written in green and described in the attached document:
"Strategic management final term instructions_DU"
I also attached several documents for reference to read and use for the report.
I stay to you disposal for any further information