Task1 : Write an Environmental Hard News Article（500 words) and a reflective statement for the hard news article.(600 words)
1. reporting a hard news in Environmental. the news itself should contain new/ original information.
3. The news itself, must be written in news style. (see upload document for references).
4. News story should at least includes 4 original interview sources and should have sufficient back ground to explain the context in which it has arisen.
5.Must includes Research Documents in the article (also in the references).
7. Hard News Story Must have a head line.
8. References: references in the story must be hyperlinked to source material wherever possible.
9. must provide details of all interview sources, including e-mail address
10. full transcripts of interview should be include in the reference. （including all quotes used and all other words as necessary)
Task 2, Write a reflection statement analysis regarding the task1. (600 words)
reflection analysis should includes statements for following questions:
1. What difficulties did the writer encounter when writing this hard news story?
2. Why did you choose this specific news story to report?
3. On what basis did the writer decide it was news?
4. What were the best and worst decisions writer made and why do you say so??
5. If you were to do the assignment again what would you do differently?
6. What did this task teaches you about journalism and being a journalist?
Task 1 Criteria will be base on following, please take attention when writing.
1. Appropriate news story slection
2. Accuracy of the news and new/original information.
3. Appropriate use of source, including interviews
4. Clarity of expression in news style
5. Accurate spelling, punctuation, grammar and style.
Task 2: reflective statement will be base on following criteria:
1. insight into processes of researching and reporting environmental news
2. Insight into decisions made, and the reason for them while producing environmental journalism.
3. Disinterested, engaged and rigorous analysis
4. Strong and Clear argument.