In order to create inclusive organizations and communities, we must ensure that every individual is valued and viewed as critical to its success and competitive advantage. Therefore, you will envision a real-life opportunity for changing inequities in the UH-Downtown or Houston community. I want you to reflect upon what you see as pressing needs of the Houston community (business or otherwise). The end result of your efforts will be deliverables that should be worthy of being shared with the President of UHD, CEO of a company, or the Mayor of the City of Houston.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a writing practice course. Please make sure you review the “writing tips” on BB, as I will hold you to these standards. Also, remember there is a COB Writing Tutor Lab you can access if you need help with your writing.
Memo #2 – Proposed Course of Action
Your memo should be a professional (i.e., organized and attractive) 2-page document. This means you should use 11 or 12 point font, 1 inch margins, and single-spacing as well as follow the below structure.
I. Opening Statement
• Provide statement of problem/challenge. What will be the end result and benefits of your proposal?
II. Course of Action (i.e., Design & Delivery; 2 paragraphs)
• Detailed description of what (i.e., content) you propose and how (i.e., process) you will execute your proposed change.
III. Opportunities and Threats (1 paragraph)
• What are potential opportunities (e.g., partnerships with existing UHD or community services) or threats (e.g., naysayers) to your proposal?
IV. Evaluation / Evidence of Success (1 paragraph)
• Discuss how you will know whether your program is effective and successful? What markers will you use? How will you assess it?
V. Closing Statement
• Cite your sources using APA formatting.