Assignment Task Students will select a case study from a choice of three.
This assessment requires the student to engage in critical case study analysis and to engage in some research drawing on one of the the following disciplinary perspectives:
The student will use appropriate academic theories, models and frameworks from one of these perspectives to identify the relevant decision-making issues in the case, evaluate these issues and decisions, and make recommendations based on this evaluation.
The form of presentation is that used and explained in the academic literacy tutorials. Correct in-text referencing and a Reference List at the end are required.
Student Assessment Output Case Study Analysis (2000 words)
(relating to assignment) 1. Recognise and articulate various decision making perspectives and techniques.
2. Use relevant literature to construct and support a written argument.
3. Apply critical judgement, analyticial and logical reasoning, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills to decision making.
select only one case and only one theoretical perspective
You need to select one case and one theoretical perspective, therefore you have nine possible alternatives to select from :-
Personality and Values Choice one Choice four Choice seven
Psychology Choice two Choice five Choice eight
Sociology Choice three Choice six Choice nine
1.Selection of relevant academic theories, models & frameworks from course literature and further research to identify key issues of the case from one disciplinary perspective. 20%
2. Application of relevant theories, models and frameworks to critically analyse and evaluate the case issues. 35%
3. Relevant recommendations developed from the analysis. 25%
4. Professional presentation of a report, including table of contents, executive summary, correct referencing and clear language. 20%