Assignment 2 – Programming a Unit of Work
Using the downloadable Assignment Title Page, prepare and submit as a Word document (*.docx). Assessment results will be
issued as grades. In order to achieve at least a unit pass grade ALL assessment tasks must be submitted.
Assessable Task Grading
2. Programming a Unit of Work (3000 words)
Program a unit of work for a Stage 4 or Stage 5 Science class. (Please use the new NSW BOS
The unit of work should cover a total of 15 lessons, (i.e. the equivalent of 5 x 40-minute periods a
week). It should be given a title, and include:
1. A rationale statement, including an outline of why the topic is being taught and how the topic
will be taught from a Christian Perspective.
2. Outcomes linked to the relevant syllabus documents and outcomes related to the Christian
perspectives for the unit introduced in the rationale statement.
3. A weekly overview of the lessons to be taught – a title or heading for each lesson and a brief
description, but not a detailed lesson plan.
4. Two sample consecutive lessons (2×40 minutes) with sequenced and detailed teaching and
5. A sample assessment task that includes a brief description of the context, explanation of how
the outcomes are linked to the assessment task, description of the activity, criteria for
assessing the learning, and guidelines for marking.
This task assesses Learning Outcomes (a), (b), (c), (d), (e)