American Nursing Association (2014). Short Ethics Definitions. Retrieved fromhttp://nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/EthicsStandards/Resources
Carnevale, F. (2009, Mar.). A Conceptual and Moral Analysis of Suffering, Nursing Ethics. 16(2), 173.
Deshpande, S.P. (2009, Dec.). A Study of Ethical Decision Making by Physicians and Nurses in Hospitals.Journal of Business Ethics. (90)3, 387-397.
Foster, C., Herring, J., Melham, K., & Hope, T. (2011). The double effect effect. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 20(1), 56-72.
Goldworth, A. (2008, Oct.). Deception and the Principle of Double Effect. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 17(4), 471-473.
Lippert-Rasmussen, K. (2010). Scanlon on the doctrine of double effect. Social Theory and Practice, 36(4), 541-564.
Murray, John S, PhD, RN, U.S.A.F., N.C. (2010). Moral courage in healthcare: Acting ethically even in the presence of risk. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 15(3), 9-1G,2G,3G,4G,5G,6G,7G,8G,9G.
The goal of the Session Long Project is to identify and evaluate the ethical principles used in resolving ethical dilemmas, and to apply the principles to specific ethical issues that may have professional, sociological, economic, legal, and possible political implications.
Tasks for Module 1: (Critical thinking Assignment)
- Identify and clarify an ethical dilemma facing your chosen discipline (i.e., health education, health care management, or environmental health). To achieve this, you will be expected to gather and evaluate relevant information (e.g., peer reviewed and credible sources) pertaining to the dilemma you’ve chosen to make the focus of your case assignment.
- Identify and briefly discuss the competing ethical positions that accompany the issue and the applicable ethical theories and principles.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Limit your responses to three pages, not including title and reference pages, and be sure to properly cite all references within the text of your assignment and listed at the end.
- Please support your discussions with scholarly support (3-5 references). Be sure to properly cite all references.
- Apply critical thinking skills to your response- specifically to #2 above.