1. Last year’s sales at Mel’s Cinema totaled $144,600. This year’s sales should increase by 1/3. How much should sales increase by, and what will sales be in the new year?
2. US Airways has a net income of $60,000 before taxes. It’s expected that 45% of the net income will go to federal and state taxes. How much will US airways have left?
3. Amy Koy met Pat Quin on September 8 at Queen bank. After talking with Pat, Amy decided she would like to consider a $9,000 loan at 10 1/2% to be repaid on February 17 of the next year on exact interest. Calculate the amount that Amy would pay at maturity under this assumption. Round all answers to the nearest cent.
4. Total sales for Appliance center were $205,000 for the week. These sales included a 6% sales tax. What were the actual sales?
5. Joe Rossen opened a pizza shop. He insured his shop for $90,000 for fire. What is his insurance premium if the rate per $100 is $0.83?