Computer Crime Investigation: U.S. Vs AOL
PLEASE….NO PLAGIARIZED WORK!!
Review the case titled: “ U.S. v. AOL” (http://www.morelaw.com/verdicts/case.asp?s=DC&d=29267) Then, refer to the report titled “ Investigations Involving the Internet and Computer Networks” dated January 2007 by the Department of Justice located at https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/210798.pdf.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Interpret how you believe a computer was used to commit the crimes they were being accused of.
- Suggest at least two (2) examples of certified professionals that could have been used for this case and the influence they would have provided for the prosecutions testimony.
- Determine the type of computer forensic skills and procedures or tools that could have been used to extract and preserve the data.
- Determine the documentation procedures that could have been used to document the evidence , and argue whether this would have changed the outcome of the trial.
Research the Internet and other media sources for cases that lost due to not having accurate or sufficient digital evidence.
- Compare and contrast the various circumstances that were available in each case.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.