Windows Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) and other advanced Windows Security Features and Settings, such as the Windows built-in firewall, are important tools to leverage when securing a Windows system. In this lab, you used the SCW to audit the settings on a Windows 2008 server and defined a new security policy for this server. Next, you identified unnecessary processes running on a Windows 2008 server and a Windows XP workstation. Finally, you reviewed the internal firewall rules for the Windows XP workstation and recommended changes that will harden security.
Lab Assessment Questions:
1. What is SCW and how is it used?
2. Can SCW apply security policies to multiple servers at a time?
3. Would the same policy work for any server in your network?
4. The SCW allows a security policy to applied now or later. Why might a network administrator want to
apply a policy later?
5. What Windows Firewall policies are needed by the Web Server role that you installed in the lab?
Tutorials for this Question