What is a socially responsible effort? Social responsibility comes from the belief that people, governments, and organizations have a responsibility to the greater welfare of society. What each person determines to be socially responsible, however, is subject to personal ideals and beliefs. Examples of socially responsible efforts include, but are not limited to:
· Recycling and using CFL light bulbs (individual or organizational)
· Donating time to volunteer organizations
· Monetary donations
· Developing green buildings
Create a general profile of the City of Kelsey Virtual Organization (accessible from the student website). Write a paper that is 1000 – 1500 words in length. In the profile, describe the following:
· Type of people who live in the community
· Type of work the residents do
· How and where members of the community interact such as festivals, grocery stores, community events, and so forth
· Address the following questions in the profile:
o How would you describe the responsibilities of the individuals to the community?
o What are the community’s responsibilities to the individuals?
o As a member of this community, what do you think it means to be socially responsible?
· Choose two additional communities (either ones you live in or are familiar with) and compare and contrast the differences and similarities between the different communities.