week 1 discu
Assessing Stakeholder Positions” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, use the provided map in Figure 1.4 of the textbook to classify each of Kellogg’s stakeholders according to each stakeholder’s salience to the company. Suggest two (2) potential disadvantages associated with your classification of each stakeholder, and provide two (2) recommendations geared toward helping to minimize the potential adverse effects of your stakeholder placement on the company.
- According to Lawrence & Weber, aspects within the external environment of an organization are key considerations for analyzing the relationship between business and the society. Using Figure 1.6 in the textbook, examine one (1) dynamic force for its potential impact on a company of your choice. Specify two (2) fundamental reasons why the chosen company should pay particular attention to the dynamic force that you have examined within its external environment. Provide a rationale for your response.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Citizenship” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, analyze two (2) environments within Abercrombie & Fitch with respect to the salient stakeholders’ influence within the environments that you identified. Determine two (2) potential risks to the salient stakeholders’ relationships with the company as a result of the company’s position that it only wants “thin and beautiful people” shopping in its store. Next, suggest two (2) risk mitigation methods that Abercrombie & Fitch could utilize. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the discussion case in Chapter 2, determine the degree to which Coca-Cola’s action is consistent with corporate social responsibility. Provide support for your rationale.
“Business Ethics and Ethical Reasoning” Please respond to the following:
- Give an example of one (1) ethical dilemma you encountered recently. Using Figure 4.6 in the textbook, apply one (1) of the four methods of ethical reasoning to the dilemma in question, and examine two to three (2-3) advantages and disadvantages of your chosen method. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the e-Activity, question the rationale behind GlaxoSmithKline’s unethical activities. Hypothesize the major reasons why the pharmaceutical giant’s leadership may have encouraged such activities to go on for so long. Next, infer the most damaging potential adverse effects that the government’s ruling may have on GlaxoSmithKline, and propose two (2) possible actions that the company could implement in order to shift its culture toward that of a more responsible organization. Justify your response.
“Globalization and Corporate Citizenship” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, select one (1) economic system, and assess the degree to which environmental forces within that economic system in question have helped or hindered globalization efforts of companies operating under that system. Support your response with at least two (2) specific examples that illustrate the impact that such environmental forces have on globalization efforts within your chosen economic system.
- From the second e-Activity, use the Stages of Global Corporate Citizenship in Figure 7.1 of the textbook to evaluate the appropriateness of Nestlé’s global sustainability development efforts. Based on your evaluation, determine the stage of global corporate citizenship in which Nestlé best fits. Provide a rationale for your rationale.