- Understanding the Context, Part 2
Let’s continue with the scenario from Discussion Question 2.
Now that you have done your due diligence and prepared for each individual audience sector, it’s time to visit the university and sell your electronic tablet!
Prepare a two-minute pitch for EACH of your three audiences (total of three speeches) that you will deliver during your sales campaign. How will you address your audiences differently? Show us how your preparation paid off!
Here is our scenario:
- You are a sales representative from OfficeWorks, Inc.
- Your current assignment is to travel to several universities in your city and pitch sales of a new electronic tablet to various school representatives.
- You have scheduled three separate appointments:
- One with a group of faculty from the English department
- Another with a group of students from the Information Technology program
- And another with four deans from the College of General Studies.
Note: You have creative control with what your device can and cannot do. Have fun with this assignment!
Remember: There are three (3) separate, two-minute speeches for this assignment, one for each audience.