The assignment is about a internship I have done, and there must be a book report. I have already finished a project proposal, so you can read the attachment also with my professor’s feedback. The book can be changed as long as fit my sales internship background.
Read a Trade Book and Write a Reflective Paper
There are many ?trade books? out there that describe, for example:
– how to become a great salesperson
– how to write a business plan
– how to promote products to the senior market
– how to set up a retail environment to maximize sales
– how to develop and implement an social media strategy
– etc etc etc etc?there are millions of these books!
If you choose this option, you?ll read a trade book related to the industry and/or professional focus (whether it?s sales, PR, advertising, management, operations, etc) of your internship and write a paper relating the book to your internship experience. You?ll pull key arguments from the book and comment on their truthfulness/usefulness/relevance in light of your internship experience. Length: approximately 8-10 pages.
Demonstrates knowledge of book material: 50 points
Explicitly links book material to internship experiences: 50 points
Final report 50 points
Final Report (50 points)
At the completion of the internship, students will write a brief (approximately 6 pages) report that summarizes and evaluates their internship experience. The report should include all of the following components:
I. Cover Sheet: student?s name, name of company, dates of employment
II. Description of Firm: background, history, and any other pertinent facts
III. Description of Work: description of work experiences and examples of a typical day/week
IV. Evaluation of the Internship:
(1) assessment of the practical value of the experience (what did you learn about the business world, the industry, the company? Be as specific as possible.),
(2) assessment of the academic value of the experience (what did you learn about business concepts and practices? How does this new knowledge relate to or compare with what you?ve learned in your classes at UD? Be as specific as possible.),
(3) suggestions for improvement; if you had a chance to repeat this internship, what would you do differently? What would you want the company to do