Managers have various roles and responsibilities within an organization. The key purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the managerial role within organizations.
This project should help you apply what you have learned so far from this class by interviewing or researching a manager in an organization. The manager can be someone you have worked with or a well-known manager you would like to find out more about. Your assignment is to evaluate the manager with respect to his or her management style and abilities. Include the following in your essay:
* a description of the manager (title, etc.) and organization (include why you selected this person);
* a description of the manager’s daily role and responsibilities;
* a description of the manager’s strengths (planning, decision making, innovation, team building, etc.);
* a description of the manager’s weaknesses (lack of planning, ineffective decision making, lack of discipline, etc.);
* a description of the manager’s key challenges (falling sales, reduced productivity or market share, decreased customer
and employee satisfaction, etc.);
* recommendations to improve the above weaknesses and challenges; and
* a minimum of two to three sources, which may include your textbook.
Your response should be in an essay (introduction, body, and conclusion) format. Provide details and examples to support your response. Minimum word count is 550 to 650 words.