Psychology of Learning for Instruction (3rd Edition) by Marcy P. Driscoll
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Pearson; 3 edition (August 13, 2004)
Cognitivist Instructional Plan
For this assignment, each one will write a lesson based on ONE cognitive theory: CIP, Schema, or meaningful learning. Develop an instructional plan that is self-instructional or delivered through asynchronous distance education. Describe an audience, a desired learning outcome for that audience, and the sequence of steps you will take to teach that outcome to that audience using Cognitivism. Grading criteria (100 pts):
1. Identifies audience and outcome for instruction (objectives must be clear and use measurable verbs) (10)
2. Description on learning activities demonstrates knowledge of theory (10)
3. Lesson plan includes all methods suggested by theory that are appropriate or teaching the topic and objective (10)
4. Lesson plan does not include methods inconsistent with theory (10)
5. Accurately and completely describes how learning occurs in this lesson plan, according to this theory: correctly using vocabulary of theory in describing how learning occurs (20)
6. Accurately and completely addresses how instructional activities and sequence match theory (20)
7. Contains enough learning theory events: students could work through the lesson plan independently (20)
You are not expected to actually develop full instruction for this topic. You just need to clearly outline the steps you would follow to teach the topic through self – instructional materials or asynchronous distance education.
1. For this assignment, you do not need to consider the audience analysis, the assessment, or the formative evaluation. You only identify the objectives and the instructional activities.
2. You need to stick with to a very focused objective or include only a small part of the instruction.
3. Typically, students require between 3 to 5 pages for this writing activity (12 point font size, Times New Roman font, double space and 1 inch margin on each side).