One of the most exciting things about the Introduction to Psychology class is its direct application in our everyday life. It is my challenge to help guide you through what you read to a realized direct application in yourself and the world around you. In order to accomplish this, I am asking you to complete a series of five activities which will help you think critically as you apply psychology to your life. These activities are directly related to the psychological concepts that we will be learning throughout the term. Through this assignment, you will have an opportunity to see psychology in action in your own life and the world around you, and then critically reflect upon its impact!(read pictures first)
The Applying Psychology assignment has two parts: Part one is comprised of learning critical thinking skills.
1) Read the Applying Psychology to Everyday Life: Thinking Critically about Critical Thinking, which is located at the end of Chapter One.
2) Briefly explain the principles of critical thinking.
3) Explain how critical thinking can be useful in everyday life.
4) Find an article that relates to psychology in the headlines.
5) Briefly summarize the article.
6) Utilizing the 4 critical thinking principles, write your reaction to it.