Part 1 (3 questions, 1 – 2 pages minimum or approximately 250 words total)
1. Speed and size are important considerations for storage on a PC style mobile system (including Apple computers and tablet devices) Discuss at least two different storage devices in terms of capacity, performance, and price. One of which must be an SSD drive. short answer, 3 – 5 sentences.
3. Compare Windows based technology and Apple technology. What are the different CPUs used in the two types of systems? and how do they match up. Memory capacity,,,is there a difference? Graphical User Interface,,,Apple is supposed to be superior here. Desktop versus CPU,,,what is Apple’s marked emphasis? Apple notebooks use a special cooling design,,,what is it? iPads and iPhone are not to be included; this is computer based products. One page.
Part 2 (1 question, 2 pages minimum, or 250 words)
You are a design engineer for BMC (Bulgarian Motherboard Company). You have been tasked with leading a design team to design a high performance motherboard compatible with Intel’s the DZ87KLT-75K For the purposes of this assignment the the motherboard you are designing is the BMi7+, named after the Bulgarian Motherboard (BM), and the i7 processorplus (i7+) The BMi7+ can have any features and/or components you want…it is make believe.
You are submitting your final report to the marketing committee. Your report is to be at least 2 pages in length (400 words) and should cover:
- the strengths and weaknesses of Intel’s DZ87KLT-75K as a platform for a high performance gaming PC.
- a discussion and comparison of the DZ87KLT-75K and the BMi7+.
- at least two features of the BMi7+ that are superior to the DZ87KLT-75K. Remember the BMi7+ is make believe and you can put what ever feature you want into it, within the bounds of sensible technology.