Law Enforcement 5
Respond to the following prompts. Each answer must be a minimum 200 words APA guidelines for formatting and citations.
1. Describe the Violent Crime Apprehension Program (VICAP) and its benefit to law enforcement.
2. Describe the differences between excusable homicide and justifiable homicide.
3. Determining the time of death can be extremely important in a homicide case. Explain the various factors that can assist an investigator in estimating the time of death.
4. Describe the indicators that an investigator would expect to find present at the scene of a suicide.
5. Discuss the difference between mass murder and serial murder and give examples of each.
6. Research indicates that several aspects of a homicide pertaining to the investigation are associated with the likelihood of clearing the case. What are these aspects?
7. What are the 10 most common errors in death investigations?
8. Traditionally, police have treated homicide as a crime relatively immune from police suppression efforts, a crime over which they had little control. Two trends are changing this reactive view. Describe these trends.
9. Describe an Equivocal Death Investigation and define posing and staging.
10. What are the four phases generally observed in a person experiencing excited delirium?