Introverts vs Extroverts in Leaders
• We have covered a lot of information this semester! Please discuss the two topics/assignments/readings/etc that have been the most helpful for you and why.?2. From the Majors PTI training, what was the most important information YOU learned about the process of assessments, administration of assessments, etc.? Reference four specific modules that you read on the Breckenridge training site (use the manuscript that you downloaded or use this link to review the transcript) in which this information was discussed, what you learned, why you consider this important, and how this information will be helpful for you .
• PTI Cert Program Transcript.pdf ?
• 3. From the attached article: what did you learn, why do you think this is important, and how can you utilize this information in your role as a leader??4. From the discussions on the discussion board: from which discussion (topic and date of discussion) did you learn the most and why? From which person (name) did you learn the most from the discussions and why? What difference has this information made in your thinking about assessments??5. From “Strengths based Leadership”, p. 13, is the following quote: ” What great leaders have in common is that each truly knows his/her strengths – and can call on the right strength at the right time.” Based on the information from the readings, and referring to the interpretation powerpoint, answer the following questions: ?a). What is your self-identified type (your four letter code from the PTI), the strength of each (the number from each code), and your confidence level for each (high, medium, low, can’t decide)? Example: Extrovert, 12, high confidence ?b). Explain how the “see-do-get” process applies to you.?c). When have you encountered a situation as an adult similar to the situation described in Module 4 (Being Passionate – in the training modules – not the Canvas modules)? How do such situations relate to our “sense of self”??d). What do you need to do from a leadership perspective to “stretch the rubber band” based on your PTI assessment results?
• e) reflect on the strengths that you bring to your current career position or that you think you will bring to your future position or career.
• f). Review the Whole Type Results for Best Fit section: read the one for your type as determined by the test results and by your best fit choice. Under the application section for your chosen type, what did you learn about the following areas and what is a concrete, measurable step you will take to apply this information:
1. Your leadership methods
2. Your learning preference
3. Your work and activity preference
6. What is Cronbach’s Alpha reliability coefficient and why is this important in assessments?
7. Why is the Majors PTI not “set” at 52 item questions?
8. Respond to the statement that assessments should never be given a negative interpretation but to promote self-awareness. What does this mean for you when you interpret or use the results of an assessment in your leadership role?
9. As you consider administering these type of assessments: What is the difference in forced choice and graduated response scale instruments and why is this information important?
The information on this test is from the PTI modules. If you need more information about Cronbach’s Alpha, more information than you probably want to know is available at http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=cronbach%E2%80% or 99s+alpha+reliability+coefficient&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ei=telLT7KUAerX0QHTh8zxDQ&ved=0CBsQgQMwAA
Introverts vs Extroverts in Leaders