You will deliver a 10 minute personal pitchon your previous experiences, accomplishments, interests, and achievements. This presentation should demonstrate an awareness of your knowledge, skills, and abilities that are relevant to your desired career path or graduate program.
You will create a presentation(PowerPoint, Prezi or another presentation program) to showcase your skills by including an overview ofacademic projects, work samples, extracurricular and leadership activities, interests, and any other applicable experiences. The inclusion of pictures is important; to help you tell your story and better engage your audience.You will need to submit a copy of your presentation via Learn by the start of the class you are presenting in.
Presentations will be evaluated by your instructor, peers and a panel of professionals. Professional business attire (suit) is required for this presentation.
**Outside research and preparation are necessary for an effective presentation**
1. You will deliver a10 minute personal pitch,as if you were emphasizingyour “story”, not a line by line narrative of your LinkedIn profile.
a. Focus on Four Elements:
i. Eye Contact
iii. Tell Your Story
iv. Know Your Stuff
b. Give your story a title
2. You will need to address the following questions:
a. Why did you choose your major and concentration?
b. What is your chosen career path?
c. What differentiates you from the other students in the class? (This requires a more “personal” answer – for example, what makes you happy outside of school/work? Interests?)
3. You should explain how your knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments(KSA)are relevant to your career goals.
a. The following areas should be discussed (Introduction/Profile, Work Experience, Project Experience, Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to your career) andCareer Goals).But the amount of time spent on each area is based on your individual experience.
4. You should be prepared forfeedback following your presentation.
5. Example: http://prezi.com/jj2-gwgovmpg/fan-jiang/