A soils report for a property which is located relatively close to our provided building site is provided by Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. This property exhibits similar characteristics. This report states that the top two feet of the building site top soil should be removed and replaced with clean sand and compacted in 8 inch loose lifts to at least 95 percent of the soils Modified Proctor maximum dry density. In order to provide enough slope for parking lot drainage pipes the building site will replace the top 2 feet of the existing soil and add an additional 2 feet of clean sand in order to raise the elevation.
The soil report states that shallow footings may be designed for an allowable soil bearing pressure of up to 2000 psf after the top 2 feet is replaced and compacted.
Cut/fill and grading
Talk about the following points, 2 paragraphs or more if need it.
• For a detention pond, first we had to look at the site where the existing building.
• We will cut 3 ft. down the soil and fill them same 3 ft., and add 2. So in another word, cut 3 ft. down the soil and fill 5 ft. after that .The elevation for detention pond is 22 ft., and elevation for (lean to) is 32 ft.
• For detention pond, we will cut. For the lean to we will cut. Our final area will not be flat, it will be sloped.
• From parking lot to the detention pond we want to grade.
• The detention pond was 79 ft. by 79 ft. at the top. And 49 ft. by 49 ft. at the bottom.
• According to the soil report: groundwater was encountered at depth ranging from approximately 2 to 3 feet below existing grade. We choose 3 ft. depth.
• The slope was 3 to 1. 3:1 for a detention pond.
• We used the (average END area method) which also known as (Trapezoidal Method).to determine our cut/ fill quantities. And compared with a micro station program to confirm our results for cut/fill quantities.
• Talk about the (Trapezoidal Method) for 2 sentence, just describe it.