For the purposes of this assignment outline and detail an online marketing plan for an organisation based on one of the scenarios below.
You are required to select one of the scenarios below and then undertake the following tasks:
• Clearly define the marketing environment for the organisation.
• Using an environmental framework Identify in depth areas of opportunity and weakness and use these to formulate the objectives of your marketing plan.
• Detail your strategy and how you intend to implement it. You will need to consider your niche and target market strategy alongside your positioning and differentiation strategy. In addition identify your domain name with costs.
• You will be expected to implement your ideas and therefore you will be required to develop a fully functioning website prototype or a Mobile Application which includes as a minimum 5 pages/screens. You will need to include a wire frame and a navigational outline to show that the necessary information and planning process has taken place.
• As part of this implementation processes detail your social media and SEO awareness strategy if you have one.
• Identify what are the key metrics you will use to help you identify your success rate in meeting your objectives. You will need to develop a measurement strategy based on defined online metrics and analytical criteria.
• Reflect on the information and process developments. Carefully consider, style, layout and appropriate e-marketing activities that were integral during the implementation phase.
Reflect on the decisions you have made and the ideas you propose and give full justification.
This is an individual written assignment. 2800 words.
Assignment Scenario – Travel Agents
You are a Digital Marketing consultant who has been approached by a small family run travel agent business known as “We take you there Travel”. They are a small organisation whose primary business revolves around providing package holidays and UK weekend breaks. Over the last few years “We take you there Travel” has struggled in a very competitive market.
They have identified that they need to diversify their market and product range but they have no idea on how to accomplish this.
Currently they do not have an online presence and no mechanism to engage with their current or past customers. They want you to help remedy this; they envisage that their online presence should be used for acquisition.
Therefore your job is to develop an online marketing presence which allows “We take you there Travel” to compete within the online environment. You will need to write a eassy and create an online presence that allows “We take you there Travel” to:
• Increase Brand awareness
• Develop a sustainable online product range across multiple channels not just your website.
You must remember that “We take you there Travel” has zero experience of the online environment.
You should support your work throughout with evidence from good quality academic (journal articles, textbooks, conference proceedings, etc) and business sources. All material you reference should be cited fully using the standard referencing style, both within the main body of your report and in a clearly marked References section at the end.
Operating Environment (15%)
As previous section but with improved analysis and clear understanding of purpose with good overview of environment.
As previous section with understanding of Objectives based on SMART Framework. Objectives linked with channel strategy based on Operating Environment.
As previous section but good justification based on Objectives. Clear identification of Target market and positioning strategy.
Clear understanding of implementation with some decent justification of prototype and planning. Some relevant discussion on social media. Some constructive discussion on design structure & implementation.
Measurement Strategy (20%)
As previous section but with improved analysis and clear understanding of different touch points and channels and identification of measurement metrics
Essay Quality (5%)
The overall structure is usually clear and logical but some paragraphing may be problematic. The overall argument generally develops logically but ideas may occasionally not link well.