Compare and contrast leadership roles and management responsibilities in a non-health care setting with that of a health care organization. In addition, present an overview of key leadership traits fundamental for health care organizational effectiveness, and discuss the essential functions of health care managers. Provide a substantive 150 to 250 word initial post that fully answers the following questions:
- What does it take to be a “good” leader or manager?
- What are the primary barriers and challenges associated with health care leadership?
Discuss the overall importance of motivation as it relates to management. Provide a substantive 150 to 250 word initial post that fully answers the following questions:
- What are the benefits of having a fully motivated staff, and what are the potential consequences of not having motivated staff?
- What do contemporary theories tell us about the significance of motivation as a function of employee needs, extrinsic and intrinsic factors?
- How do we motivate across generations? In your response, please be sure to identify and address at least two theories.
Utilize at least one scholarly source, cited in correct APA format that supports factual statements and conclusions about the topic. Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers by Day 7.