Discuss the role of syncretism and religious conversion in the film The Other Conquest.
• Describe how the devotion to the Virgen de Guadalupe has maintained indigenous religious traditions in Latin America through religious syncretism.
• Make reference to the course readings (ATTACHED), the film The Other Conquest, and research outside of the course readings.
Explain how a given institution or symbol system in a nonwestern culture enhances the viability of that culture or, alternately, serves the purposes of some social group or category within that culture.
• be well-written and carefully checked for grammar and spelling errors
• make use of at least four (4) academic secondary sources (journal articles, books)
• contain a well-articulated thesis statement
o Thesis statement must be underlined
o Thesis statements take a position; the paper proves that position
• avoid sweeping generalizations and prove their point using evidence,