Choose two of the following types of current print media:
- Newspaper- THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
- Magazine- PEOPLE
- Book publisher
Research the history of the media types your team selected. Include the following information in your presentation:
- Notable founders and parent organizations of the media types
- Notable historical dates
- Dates of mergers with other newspapers, magazines, or publishers to form a large media conglomerate
- Date the media types launched their websites, became active on the Internet, or became active in social media integration
- Identify past, present, and future challenges confronting these types of media. Which type is best suited to adapt to the future?
- How do these challenges affect advertising in the organizations—outside companies advertising—and advertising for these media—companies promoting themselves to others? What innovative advertising strategies have these companies engaged in?
- What are two similarities and two differences between the types you selected?
Present your Print Media Presentation.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.