Begin working on your Portfolio Project by researching and selecting an article for your analysis. Appropriate articles are those that:
• Are no older than six months old
• Contain at least three general economic principles
• Contain at least three to five macroeconomic indices.
Submit an outline that provides information on your article and the three general economic principles and the three to five macroeconomic indices you will be discussing in your Project.
For the Portfolio Project, students will conduct an analysis of a recent article and provide their evaluation and outcome expectations in a written paper of 1500-2500 words that discusses:
• A minimum of three general economic principles related to the article
• Identification of three to five macroeconomic indices
• Definition and explanation of the indices e.g., GDP, CPI, and other economic calculations
• Definition and explanation of the indices
• Discussion about what the specific indices mean in relationship to the overall article and how they impact each other
• Appropriate evaluation, decisions and forecasts that could be made from the information.