- Based on what you have learned about assessment so far in the course, write a letter that you can share with the child’s parents or family members that explains the role of assessment in monitoring children’s development and learning, and gives an overview of what the Child Observation Project involves.
- Obtain parent/family member permission for their child to take part in this project.
- The scope of the Child Observation Project and what will be expected of you throughout the course
- What you have learned about assessment so far in this course
- Your hopes for the project as far as your own professional growth
For this assignment, submit:
- The letter that you wrote to the parents/family members summarizing the role of assessment in monitoring children’s development and learning and detailing the Child Observation Project
- A summary of your reflection (cite specific examples from the Required Resources to support your thinking and ideas)
Assignment length: Minimum 2 pages