4.02 Guatemala – PrÃ¡ctica
A. Answer the following questions. These answers can be found in the video.
1. Describe the life of Cesar and his family. Be sure to include: · how many there are in his family He has two sisters Ana and Analina, a mom, and grandmother. Cesars dad unfortunately is dead. · what each of them do for a living Analina is a teacher and Ana is learing chemistry in college. His mom works at the pharmacy. His grandmother grows food. · what languages they speak Cesar and his family speak spanish, but their native language is Chichi.
2. Why is the market so important in their city? The family income is depended on the market. Markets is what makes up most of the ecnomy.
3. What is the major craft of Guatemala? Weaving cloth and embroding would be considered a major craft.
4. What type of school does Cesar attend? What are the courses offered there? Cesar attend a vocational school were he learn job skills. The courses that are offered there are wood working, sewing, farming, and electrical work.
5. How does Cesar generally spend his time outside of school? His time outside of school is spend siting by a river, playing basketball and working on purses with his uncle, and he helps in the store.
6. What foods do he and his family eat a lot of? Tortillas and black beans is the stable food diet of his family.
7. Describe what they do to prepare for Carnival in their city? The family decorates eggs which will be sold in the store/booth.
B. Write a short composition in English comparing and contrasting the lifestyle of people where you live and that of the people of Chichicastenango. Support your answers with facts from the video. Be sure to include: ¦ the climate 1 electricity 2 celebrations (Easter) 3 goals (both personal and as a city) 4 lifestyle in general
The climate is the same for Cesar and I. They use a lot less electricity while my life is