1. How clearly you express yourself. Are the individual sentences understandable? Is
the paper well-structured?
2. How completely you address the issue. Do you do all parts of the assignment? Do
you consider all the relevant aspects in your answer? Do you go beyond our class
3. How persuasive you are in making your points. Do you provide good reasons and
examples to back up the points you are making? Do you defend your position well
against possible objections or counter-arguments?
1. For the following two concepts: natural selection.
For each of the two concepts you have picked, explain one author’s
denitions of the concept and then explain one of his/her/their reasons for defending that
2. Give reasons for why someone might think that that there are multiple defensible meanings
of two out of the three following terms: ?species,? ?race,? and ?community.?
3. Explain, in your own words, Beatty?s argument for the claim that there are no scienti&#64257;c laws
in biology, and how that leads to ?relative signi&#64257;cance? debates in biology. Is the debate
over neo-Darwinism/neo-Larmarckism an example of such a debate? Explain your answer.